Skip to main content

How Did We Get Here?

I, Megan, have always wanted 2 things...to be a wife and a mom. The wife thing is amazing, I love every day of marriage. I knew I wanted to marry Chris after just a few months but not so patiently waited 5 1/2 years until Chris finished school. During that time we had plenty of time to pray and dream about our family.  Sometime early on I told him I desperately wanted to adopt. He was easily convinced but we were planning on adopting after we having biological kids.

Fast forward a few years I have spent 5 months in Uganda, he spent 5 months in Costa Rica, we both desperately love the unloved and marginalized, we are married and we want to start a family. Spring/Summer of 2013 I started researching all things babies and God began to move in my heart.

Without telling Chris I started praying God would clearly show us when and how we were supposed to have kids. I read parenting books and adoption books and God convinced me adoption was first. Late July 2013, I told Chris that I thought we should adopt first. I didn't know how hard it would be for him. He asked me for a few weeks to think, pray and figure everything out. I almost died in the anticipation and geared up for defending adoption. My sweet husband did just as he promised and then came to me with a vulnerable heart. He told me how he had always dreamed of watching my belly grow, and thinking about what our bio kids would look like. Suggesting adopting first changed all of that but God also changed his heart to wanting adoption first. We prayed for months before telling our families and finally let everyone in over the holidays!!

That is the story through our eyes although I am convinced God would have a different story. His story probably says something more like "This was my plan all along I just had to do some work to get them on board." We are so thankful for an omniscient God who knew this plan all along. We are so thankful for a caring God who held us in His hands and who is holding our child/children in his hands. While we already adore him/her even before meeting, we know He loves them far more. In the time we could not be their parents, He was intricately weaving their story for His glory and caring for them as only He can.

That's our journey so far (in a nutshell). We would love to talk with anyone more or if you have questions, leave a comment and we'll do a FAQ post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Got News

Nothing happens quickly in the adoption world, it's full of waiting and waiting. We were told we would hear after the 16th from our agency regarding their trip. But WE WERE EMAILED TODAY!! That was 4 days early. I made Chris read it out loud to me and I guarded my heart to hear the impact. I'm not ready to give up yet, I don't feel like God is closing this door....he read these words: "the trip was a positive one in many aspects as his meetings brought about much information" Information...that's not what I want to hear. My heart sank, positive in what way? Positive in that we got a lot of information, cleared things up, door are closing but at least we did things the right way? Please God NO!  Then he read: " One of the main ideas he experienced was seeing many officials and organizations desire REFORM , not CLOSURE of the guardianship/adoption process. "Our Agency" also feels that reform is necessary in order to move forward. From these...

We're Adopting!!!

It's true...we have a special someone thousands of miles away, who may or not be born yet, who is being intricately woven deep into our hearts! We have longed for this day for so long and we long even more to hold our child in our arms and call them ours! And, to be truthfully honest, we both are scared even to announce it. This has been our deep desire for years and now that it's here the heavy weight of reality hits. We are going to welcome a precious child into our home who we haven't known and loved since birth. We have the weighty honor of loving a child who comes from loss. My heart has ached for months now to bring him/her home but since we've been accepted by our agency, the ache hurts just a little more, just a little deeper. This is REALLY happening!! To bring you all up to speed, we have always wanted to adopt and felt called to adopt from Uganda. We have dreamed of this for so long but planned to adopt after having at least one biological child. Sill...

It's a....

Girl!!  1 sweet, little 2 year old!! We have named her "N" Margaret Negrete. We aren't sharing her first name privately because we've decided to keep her birth name. Margaret is my paternal grandma's name. She passed away last March. Margaret means "Pearl" and Uganda is known as the Pearl of Africa!! Here is what we already know about her: She was born only 25 day before we began our adoption process, she's been here all that time!! She was placed in the orphanage at 2 days old and has spent her entire life in the same orphanage. She has the chubbiest cheeks and sweet Buddha belly. She has great expressive eyebrows that may kill us when she's a teenager. (Chris: the first time I get those eyebrows, I'm just going to melt even though she'll be mad at me) She has awesome hair, you should see her 4 month picture. We have a newborn, 4month, around 1 year, 18month and recent 2 year old pictures. It's rare to be have so ma...