Skip to main content

Homestudy Intake Interview

We got an email yesterday to schedule our initial intake interview. I immediately emailed back and asked if we could do it this afternoon and she said yes!!

We met for about half an hour and she asked generic questions...why do you want to adopt? Why Uganda? How do your families feel about the adoption? She asked about our relationship, how we met, our dating period and engagement and general marriage. It was pretty easy and painless. I was nervous going into it but it was way easier than I had expected.

Tomorrow we'll schedule our individual interviews that can be up to 2 hours long and then she'll come out to our house and check out the physical environment. After that, she'll write our home study!! This is really happening and now I'll be freaking out about the individual interview and if my knives are high enough, the fire extinguisher is in the right place and all the harmful chemicals are properly contained!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Got News

Nothing happens quickly in the adoption world, it's full of waiting and waiting. We were told we would hear after the 16th from our agency regarding their trip. But WE WERE EMAILED TODAY!! That was 4 days early. I made Chris read it out loud to me and I guarded my heart to hear the impact. I'm not ready to give up yet, I don't feel like God is closing this door....he read these words: "the trip was a positive one in many aspects as his meetings brought about much information" Information...that's not what I want to hear. My heart sank, positive in what way? Positive in that we got a lot of information, cleared things up, door are closing but at least we did things the right way? Please God NO!  Then he read: " One of the main ideas he experienced was seeing many officials and organizations desire REFORM , not CLOSURE of the guardianship/adoption process. "Our Agency" also feels that reform is necessary in order to move forward. From these...

We're Adopting!!!

It's true...we have a special someone thousands of miles away, who may or not be born yet, who is being intricately woven deep into our hearts! We have longed for this day for so long and we long even more to hold our child in our arms and call them ours! And, to be truthfully honest, we both are scared even to announce it. This has been our deep desire for years and now that it's here the heavy weight of reality hits. We are going to welcome a precious child into our home who we haven't known and loved since birth. We have the weighty honor of loving a child who comes from loss. My heart has ached for months now to bring him/her home but since we've been accepted by our agency, the ache hurts just a little more, just a little deeper. This is REALLY happening!! To bring you all up to speed, we have always wanted to adopt and felt called to adopt from Uganda. We have dreamed of this for so long but planned to adopt after having at least one biological child. Sill...

It's a....

Girl!!  1 sweet, little 2 year old!! We have named her "N" Margaret Negrete. We aren't sharing her first name privately because we've decided to keep her birth name. Margaret is my paternal grandma's name. She passed away last March. Margaret means "Pearl" and Uganda is known as the Pearl of Africa!! Here is what we already know about her: She was born only 25 day before we began our adoption process, she's been here all that time!! She was placed in the orphanage at 2 days old and has spent her entire life in the same orphanage. She has the chubbiest cheeks and sweet Buddha belly. She has great expressive eyebrows that may kill us when she's a teenager. (Chris: the first time I get those eyebrows, I'm just going to melt even though she'll be mad at me) She has awesome hair, you should see her 4 month picture. We have a newborn, 4month, around 1 year, 18month and recent 2 year old pictures. It's rare to be have so ma...