Skip to main content

2 Years!!

Happy Anniversary to my best friend! I wouldn't want to do this crazy life or an adoption with anyone else!!

Standing beneath that tree 2 years ago we promised to walk hand in hand together. Some days that is easier than others. Some days we're knocked to our knees before God...some days we rest together and other days we dream and run together! Marriage is such a unique blessing.

This has been a year of taking risks...I hate risk...Chris love risk. In the past year, Chris applied for NP school meaning 2 years of intense school, we started an adoption that we cannot afford, I chose to stand firm on convictions knowing it may cost me my job, we moved to a bigger/more expensive house without having a new job so we can have room for baby. Some days I freak out not knowing how everything will work out and Chris sweetly reminds me "God brought us this far, I'm confident He has a way to provide"  It's so comforting to have a husband who helps me to trust God instead of my plan. He's pushed me to Him every time I doubt. I'm so thankful for this risk taking, God trusting, walking hand in hand year! I can't wait, and am slightly terrified, for what year 3 will look like!

Each year we go back to the Arboretum where we were married. It's a sweet time to remember that wonderful day and dream about the next year!! I'm so thankful we live close to where we were married and that it's a public place that we can visit every year!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Biometrics Appointment Complete!

Another check on the checklist, another task marked off!! We submitted our I-600A less than 3 weeks ago. We were told to expect up to a 2 month wait for our biometrics (fingerprint) appointment. I prayed and prayed we would receive our appointment date by the end of this week. I came home Monday to 4 letters from USCIS with our appointment date set for noon on December 12. It was such a direct answer to prayer, exceeding our request for an already speedy process! Silly government people who assign random times during normal working hours. We both couldn't do it but we've heard from numerous other families that they will often take walk ins. So today, I left school early and we rushed over to the office...we got a little lost on the way, stupid iphone lead us to the completely wrong place! When we arrived we were told we had to speak with the immigration officer to see if he would allow us to walk in. Thankfully we saw the nicest immigration officer there is and he did

Adoption Guilt and Choosing Joy

We promise to remain transparent in our adoption including the good the bad and the ugly...today it's the ugly and vulnerable. Please see our struggling hearts as we trust God with all the adoption decisions.  Our current struggle is this sense of guilt over "choosing" a child. I've been struggling with guilt ever since our home visit. For days it consumed me, I hid it, wrestled with it and let it cloud the Truth we've been following since the beginning. I finally crawled out of my hole and asked Chris if he's feeling the same. His guilt isn't as overwhelming and frequent but he has felt it also. At our home visit we were asked what "kind" of child we were willing to adopt. Age and gender and number of kids was easy to answer but we had to go deeper. Would we accept a child with down syndrome? Missing limbs? Missing digits? Developmental or learning issues? Autism? Medical issues both large and small? HIV? We were honest in what we felt lik

Moving Forward, Very Slowly

I had a 7:30 AM phone call with our placing agency. They reviewed the complaints against our home study agency and felt like the complaints weren't significant enough to prevent us from working with them. So home study is back on!! We don't have to start all over! So we're moving forward, but we still have to wait until Jan to finish. Our home study is being finalized, and will just sit as a draft, until January when we attend the training in NY to have that date included in the home study. So we're moving forward but very slowly. It seems silly to need to just wait for those dates to finalize the home study, it effectively puts us in a hold for 2 months where we can't move forward. All next steps require our home study to be completed. Our placing agency is very cautious, very thorough, very by the book. I know we will appreciate that. Our placing agency with Noeline was very different, hence the ridiculous 6 month time in country.  We will be asking fo