Skip to main content

What a Difference A Day Makes!!!

Remember a few posts back..."What a Difference a Year Makes." Well that's all still great and true but today has blown me away. It is awesome to serve a God who works on long and short schedules...like really short...less than 6 hours short!

I've been struggling a lot the last few weeks with being unemployed. I want to trust that I am not defined by my job but when my job is my passion and uses my gifts it's hard to separate. Yesterday and today I couldn't shake the "God what are you doing? Are you going to provide me a job? Are you listening to my pleading, do you hear my desperation?"  I was offered a position earlier this week that only paid $10 an hour and was basically babysitting and I've questioned God, "am I meant to take a low paying, boring (for me) job? Are you asking me to depend on you more and more financially??" Neither Chris or I felt peace accepting this job so I turned it down but I've second guessed whehter it was the right choice. Little did I know the plans God had to move and to provide!!

To give the specifics of how quickly things have transpired here is a time stamped detail on what occurred!!


Friday, August 8, 2014:

11:00 Check Edjoin (teacher job site). This has become my morning routine submitting applications for jobs. I submitted 3 applications this morning.

12:32- Missed call from Mr. R- the principal of one of the jobs I just applied for (only 92 minutes later!)

12:42- Notice missed call and call back. Mr. R conducts phone interview to determine next steps and to see if we both think this would be a good match.

3:45- Mr. R. video conferences in to do a mock demo lesson (talk about awkward trying to pretend two grown men are children and doing it remotely with no whiteboard...it was weird).

4:30- I finish my mock demo lesson and answer more interview questions.......and then......HE OFFERED ME A 3RD GRADE POSITION!!! and can I go sign all the papers today (unfortunately I couldn't make it to downtown LA with traffic by 5:30 so I'll go in first thing Monday morning to process all my paperwork)

Oh, and the first day of school is Tuesday!! And, I'll meet all my students and their families on Monday!! Yikes!! Ok God, slow down a little and let me breathe but Yahoo!! I have a job and I LOVE third grade!! I'll be teaching in Compton...an area and student population I love!!

This means we have full benefits and we can continue the adoption!! It also means we have a steady income so we can feel confident with Chris working less and focusing on his NP program.

We would both appreciate prayers for this big and fast transition but we would also love prayers of praise at how quickly our God can provide!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Biometrics Appointment Complete!

Another check on the checklist, another task marked off!! We submitted our I-600A less than 3 weeks ago. We were told to expect up to a 2 month wait for our biometrics (fingerprint) appointment. I prayed and prayed we would receive our appointment date by the end of this week. I came home Monday to 4 letters from USCIS with our appointment date set for noon on December 12. It was such a direct answer to prayer, exceeding our request for an already speedy process! Silly government people who assign random times during normal working hours. We both couldn't do it but we've heard from numerous other families that they will often take walk ins. So today, I left school early and we rushed over to the office...we got a little lost on the way, stupid iphone lead us to the completely wrong place! When we arrived we were told we had to speak with the immigration officer to see if he would allow us to walk in. Thankfully we saw the nicest immigration officer there is and he did

Adoption Guilt and Choosing Joy

We promise to remain transparent in our adoption including the good the bad and the ugly...today it's the ugly and vulnerable. Please see our struggling hearts as we trust God with all the adoption decisions.  Our current struggle is this sense of guilt over "choosing" a child. I've been struggling with guilt ever since our home visit. For days it consumed me, I hid it, wrestled with it and let it cloud the Truth we've been following since the beginning. I finally crawled out of my hole and asked Chris if he's feeling the same. His guilt isn't as overwhelming and frequent but he has felt it also. At our home visit we were asked what "kind" of child we were willing to adopt. Age and gender and number of kids was easy to answer but we had to go deeper. Would we accept a child with down syndrome? Missing limbs? Missing digits? Developmental or learning issues? Autism? Medical issues both large and small? HIV? We were honest in what we felt lik

Moving Forward, Very Slowly

I had a 7:30 AM phone call with our placing agency. They reviewed the complaints against our home study agency and felt like the complaints weren't significant enough to prevent us from working with them. So home study is back on!! We don't have to start all over! So we're moving forward, but we still have to wait until Jan to finish. Our home study is being finalized, and will just sit as a draft, until January when we attend the training in NY to have that date included in the home study. So we're moving forward but very slowly. It seems silly to need to just wait for those dates to finalize the home study, it effectively puts us in a hold for 2 months where we can't move forward. All next steps require our home study to be completed. Our placing agency is very cautious, very thorough, very by the book. I know we will appreciate that. Our placing agency with Noeline was very different, hence the ridiculous 6 month time in country.  We will be asking fo